Riassunto e analisi in inglese delle due opere più celebri di George Orwell: 1984 e Animal farm (1 pagine formato pdf)
1984 E ANIMAL FARM: RIASSUNTO
1984.PLOT: The 1984's world is divided: Eustasia, Eurasia, Oceania (totalitarian governments) in war. Britain (Oceania) is called Airstrip One, dominated by Big Brother (the Ingsoc, English socialism), controlled by Thought police (target: destroy ideas and emotions). The Big Brother is on the streets
with big photos and at home with telecameras: children are encouraged to denounce their parents. The protagonist, Winston (as Churchill, the last defender of Europe in World War II) “rewrite” history: he changes events on newspapers and books. He's an intellectual member of Outer Party (Inner Party was the most influential) and he wants to rebel to his work and he dreams a new politic (he joins a secret society against the power and he loves Julia) but in the end he is arrested.
DYSTOPIAN NOVEL: finctional society (usually in the future) where the life is bad with deprivation, oppression, terror.Ofter there is the governement that incourage the poor life and influence the people. Dystopian novel are written as warnings, or satire of actual society. The novel has got something familiary where the readers can identify (more interest).
1984 ORWELL ANALISI
COMMON TRAITS OF DYSTOPIA:
- hierarchical society=division between classes is fixed, the middle class is poorer than today
- a state ruled by an upper class with some democratic ideas
- state propaganda programs=speakers, tvs, children singing, repetitions of words, newspapers
- strict conformity=individuality are bad (no name, same clothes, no relaxionship), no true life -the chief=adored by people
- world outside=people are scared of it
- penal system=with phsycological (room 101) and physical torture
- constant surveillance with new technologies to check minds
- back story=something dramatic (disaster, war, revolution) that have caused a real change
- protagonist who fights the power.
ANIMAL FARM ORWELL
Jones, farmer= Nicola II di Russia
Old Major, boar= Marx comunist
Napoleon, boar= Stalin, the dictator pragmatico
Snowball, pig= Trotzsky, the intelligence and idealistic leader
Squealer, pig= the propagandist
Mr Pilkington, neighbouring farmer= Hitler
Mrs Pilkington, wife= she has got 9 dogs, the KGB
Boxer, horse= the proletary society ”I will work more then everybody”, the most strenght
Clover, horse= Orwell
Manor Farm: Old Major, working at the farm one night dreams a farm where all the animals are
happy without human control (that condamned animals to misery life).
Bonus libri scolastici 2022/2023| Simulazioni Test Medicina|Ponti 2023| Come si scrive un tema | Scuola: ponti di primavera e ultimo giorno di scuola |Tema sul ritorno alla normalità dopo il coronavirus|Come si fa un riassunto| Podcast| Mappe concettuali| Temi svolti| Riassunti dei libri|