Struttura e analisi di alcuni Racconti brevi di Edgar Allan Poe: Racconti di raziocinio, Racconti di fantasia e del terrore (3 pagine formato pdf)
EDGAR ALLAN POE: RACCONTI BREVI
There seemed to be two persons in him, one gentle, brilliant, endowed with rigorous logic and special sense of humour, the other irritable, sad, self-centred and morbidly sensitive.
He was unable to cope with the world outside and often even with himself, so he took refuge in a private world of his own, the world of Imagination and of his Tales, where his double personality converged.
RACCONTI DEL TERRORE BREVI: RACCONTI DI RAZIOCINIO
The structure of these tales is always the same, made up of mysteries, misleading trails, locked doors, contradictory witnesses, etc. But Poe was not so much interested in the plot, so he invented the formula of the brilliant private detective, Monsieur
Dupin, eccentric but rational, anticonformist but rigorously logical in his approach to the mystery crime; then he placed by his side an admiring but sometimes dull friend who, by contrast, underlined the detective’s brilliant deductions. This became the model for such future “couples” as Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’ short detective stories, Poirot and Captain Hastings by Agatha Christie, etc.
Reason always triumphs in these kind of tales, and Poe goes so far as to deny the existence of the supernatural.
EDGAR ALLAN POE: RACCONTI DEL TERRORE
- Enclosure: Poe’s heroes are usually enclosed inside something (a building, a room, a ship, even a coffin) which acts as a protective womb, but also as a vehicle of destruction and death;
- Descent into a pit or a whirlpool, symbolizing self-investigation into the unconscious;
- Terror, which is not a tangible or a violent reality but which is used for its annihilation (destruction) and nothingness;
- Terrible anguish, rooted in and generated by a sort of masochism;
- The double, for example the presence of a second person who becomes the mirror image of the main character;
- The clock, employed in both his physical and symbolic significance;
|Ponti 2023| Come si scrive un tema | Scuola: ponti di primavera e ultimo giorno di scuola |Tema sul ritorno alla normalità dopo il coronavirus|Come si fa un riassunto| Podcast| Mappe concettuali| Temi svolti| Riassunti dei libri|Maxi orale maturità 2022