Riassunto in inglese sulle caratteristiche del romanzo realistico e Robinson Crusoe di Daniel Defoe (3 pagine formato doc)
The realistic novel. Sensitive to new tastes and tendences of the day, novelists began to reject conventional plots and the ancient classical models and look to reality for ispiration.The novel became a “picture of life” and classifiable as realistic not only because of what it presented but above all for how it presented it.
The term realistic may sound a little ambiguous as it had been applied to other writers and it is therefore useful to consider some of the elements which characterized the 18 th century realistic novel.
1) clock time and physical setting began to be used. Time and place ceased to be vague concepts but were made tangible through the use of precise details.
2) Certain communicating qualities such as colour size extension became of primary importance
3) Attention was focused not only on outdoor settings but more and more frequently on “interiors”.
4) Characters were endowed with actual names and surnames
5) Greater importance was given to money as a status symbol
6) A triangular conflict was emphasized between bourgeios values chilvaric values and the values of the traditional gentleman
7) A new type of protagonist developed, practical, self-made and self-reliant endowed with common sense and prudence, very far from the adventurous hero of romances.
ROMANZO REALISTA INGLESE
Defoe. Daniel defoe was born in london.His father, a protestant merchant, refused to record his son’s birth in the parish register, so that we have some doubts about his true birth date. Educated at a college for dissenters defoe chose to go into business and, in 1680, he became a merchant. But his long neglected business took a turn for the worse and in 1792 he went bankrupt. He managed to pay back his debts venturing in many other activities including journalism and literature, also winning popularity.
In 1702 with the accession to the throne of queen anne, a strict supporter of the state church, his situation changed. When he published a satirical pamphlets in defence of dissenters he was sentenced to the pillory and to six months of prison.
In 1705 he became a secret agent and government spy. The last day of his life were wretched then he died alone and friendless in 1731.
Works. He was one of the most prolific authors of his time.
Journalism: the review.
Pamphlets: the shortest way with the dissenters. A clear attack on ecclesiastical intolerance which ironically advocated the total suppression of all dissenters.
Poems: the true-born englishmen. A verse satire against william III’s enemies.
Hymn to the pillory: a mock-pindaric ode
Novels: robinson crusoe. An account of the hero’s life on a desert island.
Captain singleton: relating the adventures of a captain who became a pirate Moll flanders: the autobiography of a woman who survived several husbands
And the london underworld, turned thief and prostitute, was transported to Virginia and became rich and respectable.
Colonel jack: the story of a pickpocket who repented and in the end obtained Wealth and prosperity Roxana: the autobiography of a courtesan who finally imprisoned for debts.
Other works: a journal of the plague year. An account of the plague of 1665 Jonathan wild: an example of criminal biography.
LA NARRAZIONE REALISTICA RIASSUNTO
Despite the many works he wrote, defoe’s fame rest almost entirely on his novels. To justify his works, however, he decided to write true stories, all containing moral lessons. This conception of fiction led him to a write novels which all more or less shared the same features which are:
1) realism: they are usually presented in the form of a diary or autobiography, related in the first-Person in order to increase verisimilitude.
2) Lack of structure: there is not a real plot.
3) Individualism: there is only one main character, a hero or a heroine, resolute in spirit and self-reliant for survival. This feature was in keeping with the puritan idea that it is in himself that man find salvation.
Che succede in Iran? La spiegazione facile|Ponti 2023| Come si scrive un tema | Scuola: ponti di primavera e ultimo giorno di scuola |Tema sul ritorno alla normalità dopo il coronavirus|Come si fa un riassunto| Podcast| Mappe concettuali| Temi svolti| Riassunti dei libri|