The United Kingdom of Great Britain

Appunto inviato da sinumber9
/5

The mean features of the UK and its four countries (Le principali caratteristiche del Regno Unito e dei suoi quattro Paesi) (2 pagine formato doc)

THE UK THE UK It is situated in the Western Europe, north-west of France.
The total area is about 244.000 kmq. The total population is about 60 million. 92% of population lives in urban areas, the remaining 8% in rural areas. The Internet users are about 25 million. The currency is the pound sterling (£); 1 British pound = 100 pence The capital and the largest city is London. The UK is a constitutional monarchy. The head of state is Queen Elizabeth II since 1952 The flag is the Union Jack. About religions, there are 66% of Anglican and Roman Catholic population. THE FOUR STATES OF THE UK NORTHERN IRELAND OR ULSTER The area is about 13,000 kmq The population is about 1.6 million.
The capital is Belfast. The emblem is the shamrock. The patron saint is St. Patrick. The spoken languages are English and Irish (spoken by less than 9% of people). WALES The area is about 20,000 sq km The population is about 3 million. The capital is Cardiff. The emblems are the leek and the daffodil. The patron saint is St. David The spoken languages are English and Welsh (spoken by about 20% of population). SCOTLAND The area is about 78,000 sq km The population is about 5 million. The capital is Edinburgh. The emblem is the thistle. The patron saint is St. Andrew The spoken languages are English and Scottish Gaelic ENGLAND The area is about 130,000 sq km The population is about 50 million. The capital is London. The emblem is the red rose. The patron saint is St. George The spoken language is English.