Riassunto per punti della vita e dell'opera "Mrs. Dalloway" di Virginia Woolf, con focalizzazione sui temi principali e sulla contrapposizione con Joyce (1 pagine formato doc)
VIRGINIA WOOLF MRS DALLOWAY RIASSUNTO IN INGLESE
• In at the death of her father, she joined the Bloomsbury Group, a group of artists, writers and poets of the new avant-garde of 20th century London, they rejected artistic conventions, disdain for bourgeois sexual codes, they shared the ideas of socialism, anti-war ideas and the perspective of Modernism and Post-Modernism
• In 1925 was published Mrs. Dalloway where she experimented new narrative techniques, and in 1927 To the Lighthouse, she had a great impact on the feminist movement of 1960s-70s; in 1941 full of anxiety because of the Second World War she committed suicide.
• She was very interested in giving voice to the inner world of character’s minds and first-impressions. The events aren’t very important, but is very important instead the effects they produce on characters who experimented them
• The first impressions are represented like a flux and the pint of view is from the inner world of characters through flashbacks and association of ideas
• Instead of Joyce, she doesn’t let her character’s thought flow in an uncontrolled way, because she represents this flux with grammatical order
• Joyce’s Epiphanies are the same thing of Woolf “moments of being”, they’re moments during the day when characters can explore reality behind appearances
• In Joyce there is a continue experimentation of use of words like a flux without punctuation, instead in Woolf the use of words is not for the sound, but poetic and emotional.
MRS DALLOWAY TEMI
• The protagonist is Clarissa Dalloway; when she is going in Bond Street to buy flowers for her party in the Evening she sees walking Septimus and Lucrezia Warren Smiths. When Clarissa is back home she receives the visit of Peter Walsh who loved her in her youth and when he leaves her home, he catches a glimpse of the interview between Warren Smiths and Dr William, because Septimus had a great mental disorder caused by the Second World War; in the same evening Septimus commits suicide and at the party during the night Clarissa hears of Septimus death.
• The novel is narrated during only one day, Woolf uses “tunneling technique” because she allows the reader to understand the past of the characters and the situation they experienced. Clarissa’s party unifies all narrative sequences and her to Septimus
• The novel deals with the way people react to situations, here are used cinematic techniques, the chiming of the Big Ben reminds the reader the temporal grid.
LA SIGNORA DALLOWAY ANALISI
• The characters react physically to what happens to them, there is no a precise sequence of events, but a particular use of space and time and it brings them together, life changes every moment.
• Clarissa in the wife of a conservative MP, she in oppressed by her father, and his life is a continuous attempt to overcome her weakness and sense of failure, Septimus is a victim of the Second World War because he is connected by the war because afflicted by the death of Evans, a great friend, from whose spectre he is hunted.
Bonus libri scolastici 2022/2023| Simulazioni Test Medicina|Ponti 2023| Come si scrive un tema | Scuola: ponti di primavera e ultimo giorno di scuola |Tema sul ritorno alla normalità dopo il coronavirus|Come si fa un riassunto| Podcast| Mappe concettuali| Temi svolti| Riassunti dei libri|