Walter Scott and Ivanhoe (1 pagine formato docx)
• Scott was born in Edinburgh in 1771
• At the age of two survived a bout (attacco) of polio that would live him lame (zoppicante)
• Scott’s passion was the history of the area between Edinburg and the English border, known as the Border Country, this interest culminated in the publication of Minstrelsy of the Scottish Border.
• Scott’s interest I the past also led him to write novel set in remoter historical periods.
• In 1820 Scott was created Baronet
• In 1826 the publishing business James Ballantyne& Co was plunged(cadere) in serious financial difficulties. As a partner , Scott found himself liable (responsabile) for debts. He managed to pay them through his writing, but the effort shortened his life.
• He died in 1832
• Minstrelsy of the Scottish Border (1802-03)
• The Lady of the lake (1810)
• Waverly (1814)
• The Lord of the Isles
• Rob Roy (1817)
• Ivanhoe (1819)