Elaborato in inglese sulla vita e sulle opere del celebre scrittore inglese, William Shakespeare (1 pagine formato doc)
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE IN INGLESE
Life of William Shakespeare.He was born in Stratford-upon-Avon in 1564, probably on April 23rd. His father was an important figure of the government of his town; his mother came form an important local family.
Shakespeare studied at Stratford grammar school, but he didn’t go on to study at university.
When he was eighteen he married Anne Hathaway and he had 3 child: Susanna and the twins Hamnet and Judith.
When he went to London he did a series of jobs; also he became an actor; in 1592 he was a famous dramatist, and he was attacked by the playwright Robert Greene(he said that uneducated dramatist were becoming more popular than university men like himself).
In 1595 Shakespeare joined an important company of actors called The Lord Chamberlain’s Men(later changed to King’s Men)an performed at court .His success as dramatist grew; The Earl of Southampton ,to whom he dedicated his sonnets, became his patron and friends. His good financial position allowed him to invest in the building of the Globe Theatre and in 1597 he bought New Place, the finest house in Stratford.
He retired to his hometown in 1611,where he died on April 23rd 1616.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE OPERE: RIASSUNTO IN INGLESE
WORKS - Shakespeare wrote thirty-seven plays in a period of about twenty years, from 1591 to 1611;He used many sources for his plays including the classical Greek and Latin writings of Plutarch and Plautus, the Italian works of Matteo Bandello, Giraldo Cinzio and Ser Giovanni Fiorentino, and the English historians, a source for many Elizabethan playwrights.Shakespeare didn’t publish his plays. Some of his works were put together from notes taken in the theatres or reconstructed from memory by actors.
In 1623, seven years after the death of Shakespeare, two his friends(actor) decided to publish the first collection of his plays; The First Folio included thirty-five plays that were divided into Comedies, Histories and Tragedies.
The plays weren’t dated; the date were given to them based on:
- references to contemporary events in the play;
- references to the works of other writers which are dated;
- style, plot, characterisation and metre used in the play.
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE: RIASSUNTO VITA E OPERE
Shakespeare’s plays are usually divided into four periods:
- First period(from 1590 to 1595) was a period of learning and experimentation. In these years Shakespeare wrote very different types of plays: Chronicle plays(the history of England); comedies(a Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Taming of the Shrew);the tragedies Titus Andronicus and Romeo and Juliet.
- Second Period(from 1596 to the turn of the century) he wrote his best comedies, including The Merchant of Venice, The Merry Wives of Windsor, Much Ado about Nothing, As you like it and Twelfth Night.
- Third Period(from 1600 to 1608), Shakespeare wrote his great tragedies. These plays have given world theatre unforgettable characters such as Hamlet, King Lear, Othello, and Macbeth. In this plays are optimistic.
The darker elements are found in works such as Measure for Measure(wrote when Shakespeare had difficulties in his personal life; so this play is pessimistic.
- The state of happy of bis reflected in his works in the Fourth Period(from 1609 to 1612);The Tempest for example is a play that speak about an enchanted island where there is an atmosphere of magic, music, romance and harmony.