The modern age: riassunto di letteratura inglese sulle caratteristiche dell'età moderna (1 pagine formato doc)
THE MODERN AGE: RIASSUNTO IN INGLESE
Il modernismo inglese.
The modern age. Didactically speaking, this age starts from Queen Victoria’s death (1901). This event marked a turning-point: the view of society changes and also the human mind. This revolution had involved different fields:
- Science – Sigmund Freud discovers psychoanalysis, a new revolutionary science. Freud theorized how human’s mind can be rationalized (for instance how dreams can be explained with a scientific method).
- Politic – The atmosphere of optimism (Victorian age) was tragically interrupted by World Wars. Shell-shocking was a mental disease which involved people who are scared for the bombs are dropping down.
- Philosophy – A new view of time was suggested by a great philosopher: Henry Bergson (with William James). Einstein discovers the relativity (nothing is objective).
- Culture – All the Puritanism of the Victorian Age was dissolving slowly.
MODERN AGE, LETTERATURA INGLESE
1) Poetry: The layout changes and also the structure. There are no more rules (no punctuation, no rime) .
2) Prose Works: Sometimes we didn’t find the plot. Human mind is the main protagonist of novels. We have a flowing of consciousness.
In a station of the metro – Ezra Pound
This poem is very similar to a Japanese Haiku: those poems are very short and they are creating images immediately. There’s a chromatic contrast between the first and the second line. A striking image is appearing from the dark crowd: petals is an image of beauty (that symbolizes some young girls).
MODERN AGE: CARATTERISTICHE
Lawrence. He was very interested in psychology and attracted by Oedipus complex ( because he had a direct experience) . His purpose is to depict human thoughts; he found an answer of his quest into the sexual contact.
“The magnificence of the Night” (from: Women in love). Here nature is represented as a REFUGE from the evil of the society. This text represented a scandal: there’s a “biblical” (solemn) rhythm to describe a sensual act between two lovers.
Guerra Russia-Ucraina: spiegazioni, temi, spunti per riflettere| Come si scrive un tema | Scuola: ponti di primavera e ultimo giorno di scuola |Tema sul ritorno alla normalità dopo il coronavirus|Come si fa un riassunto| Podcast| Mappe concettuali| Temi svolti| Riassunti dei libri|Maxi orale maturità 2022